HEC is he only equality umbrella organisation in Hertfordshire that represents all the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. Our remit to ensure that opportunity in every aspect of life works to safeguard the needs of the county’s diverse communities. So that any strategies, policies and procedures are carefully considered with the specific needs of all the disadvantaged residents.
We have attended and given advice on and to several local strategy groups, networks and have regular meetings with public sector; including:
- Held our first six monthly meeting with Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Continue to develop relationship with Hertfordshire County Council – with quarterly joint meetings with Chair of their Diversity Board
- Appointed on the Hertfordshire Hate Crime Partnership Board
- HEC is a member of the Local Economic Partnership – European Investment Social Fund Committee.
- Hertfordshire County Council had agreed to jointly producing their Equality Strategy with HEC
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) – HEC Trustee represents HEC on the CPS regional panel
- We regularly attend the voluntary sector CEO group
- North and East Herts NHS on their Equality Diversity System 2 (EDS2) strategy
- Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust NHS on their EDS2 strategy
- Hertfordshire HealthWatch – on engaging with Black Asian and Minority Ethnic and hard to reach communities such Gypsy and travellers
- Age UK – on best practice recruitment and section and community outreach