Our job is to promote equality and human rights, and to create a fairer Hertfordshire. We will do this by providing advice and guidance, to individuals and organisations, working to implement an effective equality plan and to raise awareness of your rights.
HEC is the only equality umbrella organisation in Hertfordshire that represents all the protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010 and our remit to ensure that opportunity in every aspect of life works to safeguard that the needs of the counties diverse communities are not ignored in corporate and county strategies, and that all policies are carefully consider the specific needs of all the disadvantaged residents.
We have attended and given advice on and to several local strategy groups, networks and have regular meetings with public sector; including:
- Held our first six monthly meeting with Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Continue to develop relationship with Hertfordshire County Council – with quarterly joint meetings with Chair of their Diversity Board
- Appointed on the Hertfordshire Hate Crime Partnership Board
- HEC is a member of the Local Economic Partnership – European Investment Social Fund Committee.
- Hertfordshire County Council had agreed to jointly producing their Equality Strategy with HEC
- Crown Prosecution Service –HEC Trustee represents HEC on the CPS regional panel
- We regularly attend the Voluntary sector CEO group
- North and East Herts NHS on their EDS2 strategy
- HPFT NHS on their EDS2 strategy
- Hertfordshire HealthWatch – on engaging with BAME / hard to reach communities
- Age UK – on best practice recruitment and section and community outreach